Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Fire Is Outta Control ....

WOW! Franz Ferdinand was SO amazing last night! I'd have to put it in my top ten concerts fo' sho! Brilliant! The opening band, which I think was called Music Go Music was also really good. We went to a really famous venue, the 02 (Brixton) Academy, which was one of the coolest and most interesting venues I've ever been to. It was all standing room only and it had ridiculously sloped floors down to the stage so everyone could see most of the time, even me. Until really tall drunken frat boys jumped into me. The whole thing was just really really cool and I'm stoked that I got to go. Franz Ferdinand didn't even go on until 11h30, tho, and the tubes stop running at 12. Here's the story about Brixton ... it's the gun crime capital of London. We had to wait for the night busses with hundreds of other people. Interesting experience to be sure. We managed to not get shot, and began a process of bus taking which got us pretty lost. No matter what Steve says, I know we were lost. After a 2 hour voyage, we eventually found our way. Phew. It was an amazing night tho for sure! I'm a concert fanatic so going to a show in London was just perfect!

I've had a tough few days of working, I can't go into detail because of the whole confidentiality thing with schools but I can say that I literally got attacked by a 10 year old one day which was overwhelming but I was working at the greatest school - I've been there a few times and the staff was phenomenal. They even invited me out for drinks after school and I got to make some new friends which was awesome. No matter what happens to me, I try to take it in stride. I came to London because I knew it would make me a better teacher, and that's exactly what's happening. I've already experience and learned so much ... it's insane.

It's half term, 9 school-less days. Hope I'll do some travels! I'll keep you all posted! Thanks to those of you who comment! It's nice to know people are reading!

xo Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment