Monday, October 19, 2009

I ALMOST FORGOT!

Silly girl, I am! I almost forgot my two kinda cool events of the past week. Right now, the BFI Film Festival is going on so London is crawling with celebs attending premieres, etc. We went down to Leicester Square on Wednesday night to watch the celebs walk the red carpet for the Fantastic Mr. Fox premiere ... it was so cool to see the things you see in magazines and on TV (Hello, TMZ?!) in real life! We saw Cindy Crawford, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Wes Anderson, and GEORGE CLOONEY walk the red carpet ... George even threw a wave our way! That was pretty cool ... we were like 8 feet away from these people!

Also, I just finished reading 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and it was BRILLIANT! I loved it! Must mention, however, that I'm a bit disturbed by the idea of my 14 year old sister reading that book ... totally not 14 yr old appropriate but definately Megs appropriate. Haha. So ANYWAYS, the author, Audrey Niffenegger (I know I prob spelled that wrong but I'm lazy and cold and need to go home!) was in London doing book signings for her NEW book last week ... we didn't know this so we totally missed out. BUT, we walked by a bookstore that had her new hardcover on 50% off because it was the book of the month, and they had extra signed copies! So I got a signed hardcover for dirt cheap which was AWESOME! I'm a book nerd so this was exciting to me! Anyways, that's it for reals ... I need to go home! 'Nite all! xo

4 comments:

  1. OMFG, I love the time traveller's wife, I can't wait to read it again, and I just finished it like 3 weeks ago, haha. Agreed, not really 14 year old reading....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart George Clooney... if I was 30 years older... okay that doesn't even matter haha...

    On another note, I also need to read that book... but to find the time is an issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very fun to read about what you are up to! big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, ladies! So good to know that people are reading!

    ReplyDelete