Thursday, October 1, 2009

Leavin' On A Jet Plane!

I'm not sure if anyone is even reading this blog (yet?!) but just to keep the family updated, I'm in Calgary! I'm moving to London with two great girls, Marlee and Crystal, who are also recent Education grads. We are in Calgary staying with Marlee's brother (THANK YOU, SEAN!) Our plane flies out tomorrow afternoon at around 3h25pm. We'll arrive in London at 7h30am London time. I THINK the time difference is 7 hours so that'll be about 12h30 Saskabush time. I've still got my cell phone but I'm leaving it turned off to avoid gnarly roaming charges. I hate flying and would normally be having crazy lady panic attacks by now but I'm actually doing okay. We'll see how tomorrow goes. It took me about 17 tries to get my suitcase packed and I actually just did it again in Sean's apartment. It's still going to be overweight but I hope the luggage/airline Gods are smiling down on my tomorrow and it doesn't wind up costing me a fortune!
I'm pretty pumped to get my life in London started ... I know there's going to be so many great experiences ... probably some tough ones too but that's life! It feels great knowing I have so many friends and family supporting me 100% ... I'm lucky to have all of you! Well, just gonna put my carry-on back together and head to bed. My 3 Albertan sisters, Chelsea, Casie and Maddison are comin' to see me off at the airport tomorrow - can't wait to see them! On the other end, I have my amazing British BFF waiting to collect me from the airport - can't wait to see you again Niki! (It's been THREE years!) I also get to see my friend Kristin from Lethbridge who is living over there now on Wednesday - Will be great to see familiar faces!

Good night, everyone, and I'll post as soon as I can from London! Say a little prayer for me tomorrow that my flight goes safe, sound, and SMOOTH! (Bah turbulence!)

xoxo Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment