Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Freak Out!

I have not been a ton of fun. I think all my poor friends and and roomates are ready to strangle me. I'm not 100% sure why I'm such a cranky kid, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm completely incapable of sleeping lately. SO ANNOYING! If I'm even lucky enough to fall asleep, I wake up about an hour later totally ready to rise and shine. So, by the time 5h30 or 6h00 am rolls around and I actually DO have to get up, I'm not too freakin' stoked about it. I think I'm on some weird delayed jet lag thing or something. Anyways. Yes. I'm a crabby kid. So, to all my lovely UK buddies ... here's my apology - I'm sorry! Hopefully I start sleeping soon!

I didn't work yesterday. Not gonna lie, it was a nice chillaxed day off. I went to the Museum of London with Crystal and Lindsey and it was awesome! So interesting! Learned all about the London Fire and the history of London in general - amazing! After that, we strolled around St Paul's Cathedral and snapped some shots. I'm a bit of a moron and left with no jacket. London can be nice during the day, but once 4h30pm rolls around, it's like someone throws a switch and we're all thrown into instant darkness that is very very cold. I'm from Saskatchewan and I think it's cold! So, it's cold! So I'm wandering around London with no coat, and Lindsey points out the Millenium Bridge. So, we wander across it. I got about halfway across the River Thames on this thing and pretty much turned into a popsicle. So, we wandered into Pizza Express which is a delicious little pizza joint that doesn't believe in cutting their pizzas but really enjoys watching you trying to cut them yourselves with butter knives. The pizza is worth the effort.

After that, we strolled towards London Bridge to get the tube back. We discovered a really beautiful little part of London that's really tucked away from everything - I can't wait to go back there to explore!!

Today, I worked. I was tired, but I had a great day with this Year 5 class. (Grade 4) Aside from a child impaling another child in the head with a pencil, we had a pretty rad day. I was at a Roman Catholic school. I've found that I actually much prefer teaching in Catholic schools here - they just seem to have so much more structure and order ... makes for a more enjoyable day.

I've been toying with the idea of getting my own classroom. Some days, I commute up to 2 hours each way to get to work and back, and I usually don't know where I'm going. This can get old really fast. At the same time, however, I love leaving my job at the end of the day and ACTUALLY leaving it ... No going back to burn the midnight oil for this girl. So, both ways have their ups!

Anyways, back to me being cranky ... I should probs go to bed. I also think I'm getting a bit of cabin fever. I'm so close to all these incredible places in UK and Europe in general and I'm like a little kid - I just want to get out there and explore. It's stupid because I've wanted to move to London for 12 years and now that I'm here, I can't wait to leave and go on trips! I'm torn between heading to Brighton with some other Canadians in London or heading to visit Becky in Paris this weekend ... Who knows?! I'll keep you posted.

Until then ...
xo Megs

2 comments:

  1. Travel away Meg!!!
    Life is too short! :)
    Make sure you write about all of the wonderful adventurous things you do so I can read about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole!! I will write loads, promise! It's easier now that we have internet! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete