Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Think It's About Time ...

For a blog post. I'm sorry, kids. I 'm rubbish at this blogging biz. The honest to God truth, however, is the lack of commenting brings me down about the blogging. When there's no comments, I assume no one's reading it, so I stop writing. Then, I get yelled at from 800 people that I haven't written a blog in a month so I break down and write a new one. It's like Facebook, folks. You put it out there for people to read ...

So, let's recap ... I left you all at the beginning of December. A lot has happened since then! I think the main thing is my social life. It's vastly improved and I couldn't be happier. I'm starting to meet a lot of new people and making some new friends, from all over the world. I've been hanging out with my friend Christy, from Calgary, and my new friend Sam, from Toronto a lot. These chicks are wild and crazy and we ALWAYS have a good time when we're out together. We mainly stick to Clapham and Camden, but Sam and I ventured into Hoxton Square, off Old Street one time ... which was fun. We still wound up in Camden that night, though! Haha.

The boy scene is alright ... Anyone who knows me knows that I <3 British boys like WHOA. Always have. The sad part of living in England, is that the novelty of a British accent wears off. Even little British children don't sound angelic and cute anymore. It becomes a mundane every day kind of thing. Average. And I'm not into average. So I've wandered west and discovered my new penchant for the Irish accent. It's easy to find here, haha. I've gone on some dates and discovered that dating is way nicer here ... more fun. Maybe it's just 'cos there's cooler things to do here than hitting the Frontier Bowling Lanes in Speedy Creek, SK, or Tommy G's Karaoke in Lethbridge. Haha. My dates here seem to want to take me to art galleries, exhibits, museums, etc etc. Feels a little classier, and I get to learn things on dates. The inner nerd in me is pleased.

Before Christmas, my flatmates, our friend Kristin, and I headed out on a Santa Clause Pubcrawl with a tour group called Fanatics. Check these guys out on Facebook, they're fantastic! Fanatics seems to be typically a group of Aussie ex-pats living in London, but basically anyone can join in on their adventures. Our pubcrawl was 5 pounds and got us a Santa Hat, a free Snakebite (a venomous drink that tends to annihilate me) and some tour guides with a bell that took us on a walking pubcrawl around London. This pubcrawl was SO much fun, we met some hilarious people and made some amazing new friends. (On Facebook, anyways. Haha) We took a ton of pics (on Facebook) and my roomies made an hilarious video of the events, which I believe can be found on Youtube. Just thinking about the night makes me laugh.

I'm gonna end this blog here, as I'll post about my AMAZING trip home for Christmas in a seperate blog!

2 comments:

  1. You always winding up in Camden, kind of reminds me of always ending up at The Drink...not matter where you start, you always end at your fav...hahaha. I like comparing our lives...so different..but totally the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Heidi so true! I remember going to the Distrikt many a night and seeing the twin towers of downtown Regina and knowing O'Hanlon's was cozily nestled between those towers and hopping in a cab or my car if I was DD and tearing down to O'Han's ... You always wanna go where you know you'll have a good time! Miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete