Sunday, December 6, 2009

Carpe Diem ... Seize The Day!

Last blog of the day ... just a bit about my life in general!

Life is good! I'm so happy here! My crankiness has toned down and I'm just trying to live each day to the fullest! My friend Niki has been a massive help in getting my life sorted here. She suggested I join some clubs or societies to make new friends. It's hard meeting people because I'm gone for work all the time. The only place we meet people is usually the bar, they're usually boys, and they usually don't just want to be our friends. Haha. I signed up for an online community and said that I was looking for FRIENDS because I was new to the city. This hasn't fared too well as I just typically get a bunch of creepers hitting on me and asking me for drinks and various other things. I have, however, made a few new friends here and there so it's good. At least I've usually got somewhere to go and people to hang out with! Awesome!

We go out a lot on the weekends. I'm sure my mum will be thrilled by this news, but seriously. C'mon! I'm a single girl living in London. I go to museums and musicals some weeknights so when the weekend rolls around, we head into town and check out the nightlife. I'm nearing 30 and seriously, when am I gonna have the chance to party in London ever again? I won't. So I'm taking advantage and having fun. I love this city - every night out is a fun one. I've stopped taking the night bus home for the most part, as I had a sketchy experience one night. If I do take it, I take it to the main shopping centre near my house and get a taxi from there. Much safer. Typically, us girls have learned to travel together and stick together so there are a lot of weekend sleep overs.

Things are pretty good with the living situation as well. My roomies are cool chicks and we get along really well. (Check out Crystals' blog for more regular blogs and general witty-ness) I love our house and our neighbourhood - they're really nice. The only problem is the distance. It takes me 1.5 hours at least to get to work, but it sometimes takes 2 hours as I have to take the overground train and they're fairly unreliable ... blah. Now that I've accepted the job, this means that I might have to move somewhere closer for work. I wanted to move closer into the city but I thought I'd do this after Crystal and Marlee headed back to Canada in June. Not sure if I can handle these 5 am wake ups every day. I get home at night, eat supper, pack my lunch, and I'm so tired I head to bed. We'll see what happens tho.

Anways, we're out of "loo roll" so I gotta run to the shop. Hope everyone is doing good. Miss you all lots but I'll be home for Christmas in a week and a half (Holy crap! Time flies!) So I'll hopefully see you then!

xo Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment